VIDEO: Port Access Route Studies Update & Map Data Webinar
In the Sept. 14 edition of the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal’s “How Tuesday” webinar series, presented in partnership with the Coast Guard and Northeast Regional Ocean Council, Coast Guard personnel presented information on findings, public comment opportunities and next steps for a series of Port Access Route Studies (PARS) focused on major East Coast ports. In addition, demonstrations were provided for Coast Guard GIS web tools and map data on the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast ocean data portals that can be used to explore the studies and their recommendations in further depth.
Part I: Port Access Route Studies Update
- Introduction and Background on PARS: John Stone, Marine Transportation Specialist, Office of Navigation at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- New Jersey Seacoast/Delaware Bay Approaches PARS: CAPT Maureen Kallgren, U.S. Coast Guard District 5; Portsmouth, Virginia
- Northern New York Bight PARS: LCDR Michael Wysong, U.S. Coast Guard District 1; Boston, Massachusetts
Part II: Map Tools & Products
- Coast Guard Navigation Center GIS Web Tools: LCDR Ian Hanna, U.S. Coast Guard
- Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal: Karl Vilacoba, Monmouth University Urban Coast Institute
- Northeast Ocean Data Portal: Emily Shumchenia, Northeast Regional Ocean Council
Part III: Q&A Session
Share this story